Hint: Click on a question to read the answer. Click on it again, and the panel will collapse!
Members receive online login information to access the member portal. Through this portal, members can access trainee history reports, register trainees online, set up billing options, and receive steep discounts on training. The annual fee for membership is $200.00. The membership application can be found under Forms & Fees. The CSCCB Annual Membership & Agreement must be filled out, signed, and dated. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (361) 289-6557.
Companies and trainees who take courses as non-members will not have access to their training history other than the issued badge. Training must be paid-in-full prior to the time of training. We accept company checks, money orders, and credit or debit cards. We are unable to split transactions between payment methods. Money orders must be for exact amounts. We do not accept cash.
Members are required to schedule their trainees by logging into the online member portal. This is the quickest and most convenient way to register trainees.
Plant/refinery site-specific courses can typically on be taken if proof of a current Basic Orientation Plus© or Basic Orientation Plus-Refresher© can be verified. Plant site-specific courses must be current before a site area course may be taken. YOu may register for specialty classes at any time with no pre-requisites. For courses such as Standard First Aid, CPR, & AED, OSHA 10-Hour, or forklift training, you may need to contact the safety council to make an appointment before scheduling is available. When registering trainees:
- Employees must be registered by name and social security number or passport number. Do not include dashes.
- When using passport numbers, enter only numbers and not letters. If the numbers do not total to nine digits, fill in the preceding numbers with zeros. Exmaple: 000456789
- USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS FOR FIRST AND LAST NAMES.
- Do not use characters such as dashes (-), slashes (/), periods (.), or spaces( ).
- Combine the purchase order and job number.
The council no longer accepts faxed registration forms. Courses must be scheduled online. Non-members may register in-person using our self-pay kiosk or by clicking on the link above.
Note: You must be a member to take Flint Hills Resources' courses due to background check requirements.
Trainees are required to present an unexpired government-issued photo identification. The documents must be original. We are unable to accept copies, facsimilies, photos, or emails of the documents. Trainees who are unable to provide a valid document will be unable to take training courses. Some examples of valid documents are:
- Driver's License
- State Identification Card
All identification documents MUST contain a photograph and meet the following criteria:
- Identification must be valid; valid defined as legal and legitimate.
- A state or federal government issued identification card or license.
- Documents must be unexpired or expired no longer than sixty (60) days with a renewal slip.
There is a $5.00 charge for a replacement badge when courses are not taken. To request a replacement badge, member companies may schedule the trainee for the course code ID.
DISA provides a special background check for access to Flint Hills Resources; standard background checks do not qualify. Only members of our safety council are eligible to have these background checks processed. The background will be processed and entered by DISA. The endorsement will print out as 03CHK or 03CHK_XDL on the trainee's badge.
Standard business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Training hours are from 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM. The CBT Lab is open from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. If training is needed at a time other than what is listed, please contact us at (361) 289-5856.
Please note that Basic Orientation Plus© begins promptly at 7:00 AM. Only trainees taking Basic Orientation Plus© are processed between 6:30 AM - 7:00 AM. Trainees arriving at or after 7:00 AM will not be allowed into the course. Trainees failing to return to the class before their hourly break ends will be locked out and must return next business day in accordance with ARSC rules.
There are two methods of retrieving invoices. All invoices:
- Will be mailed to the billing address we have on file.
- Can be accessed and printed from our member portal.
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Pay by company check or money order.
- Submit payments via EFT/ACH.
- Submit credit card payments online.
For the benefit of its members, the Contractors' Safety Council of the Coastal Bend, Inc. (CSCCB) currently invoices the member company for training classes administered to their employees. All invoices are due upon receipt and are considered to be past due after thirty (30) days. Past due account are being handled as follows:
- Notices are sent to member that have accounts that are thirty (30) days or more past due. These notices help determine if there is a billing problem such as lost invoices, error in billing rates, etc. If notices are not answered, problem areas corrected, or the invoice is not paid within fifteen (15) days, it will be considered a past due account.
- If any account has an invoice which is ninety (90) days or more past due, the member company will be denied the use of all Contractors' Safety Council services, including the attendance of the member's employees to any training program offered at the council. The local refinery will be notified of your account's delinquent status with the Contractors' Safety Council of the Coastal Bend, Inc. In order to continue use of the safety council's services, the member's account must be paid in full.
If any member is denied services more than two (2) times, that member company will be set up on cash only account basis; the account must maintain a zero balance for a period of not less than ninety (90) days before billing services can be continued.
Please ensure that all personnel involved in the billing process for your company receives this information. There will be no exception to this policy. If you should have any questions concerning your account status, contact the Accounting Department at 361-289-5856 or fax to 361-289-6557. In order for the council to continue to offer the many different programs at a minimum cost, at unscheduled times, conduct off-site training, etc., your cooperation in this matter is extremely important.
The council offers the Basic Orientation Plus-Refresher© course (BOPR) using Computer-Based Training (CBT) as the delivery method. However, employees who have never completed the standard Basic Orientation Plus© (Instructor-led BOP) or whose BOP or BOPR codes on the safety council card has expired more than four years will be required to register for the standard Basic Orientation Plus© course. This policy also applies if the trainee has failed the Basic Orientation Plus-Refresher© course at any safety council.